- First Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm
- Third Tuesday of the month at 9:00 am
- 220 E. Walnut St.
Brownstown, IN 47220
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
- District One: Drew B. Markel (Brownstown, Driftwood, Grassy Fork, and Washington townships)
- District Two: Bob Gillaspy (Hamilton, Jackson, Redding, and Vernon townships)
- District Three: Matt Reedy (Carr, Owen, Salt Creek, and Pershing townships)
The Jackson County Board of Commissioners is the executive body of county government. The commissioners are elected to four-year terms by countywide voting. The county is divided into three districts with one commissioner responsible for each district. The commissioner who is most senior normally serves as the president of the board.
The commissioners are responsible for enacting the county ordinances and acts of the County Council, collecting revenue, and managing the day-to-day functions of the county government. The commissioners are also responsible for the County Highway Department, which includes the county's roads and bridges.
For more information or to contact a commissioner, you may leave a message at (812) 358-6161.