Roger D. Hurt
1st Deputy Treasurer
111 S. Main St.
Brownstown, IN 47220
Ph: (812) 358-6125
Fx: (812) 358-6171
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The treasurer's duties also include:
- Collecting and reporting to the state all inheritance taxes
- Clearing Liquor licenses
- Clearing the moving mobile homes / transferring titles for mobile homes
- Collecting and distributing the innkeepers' tax
- Processing bankruptcy claims
- Reconciling bank checking accounts held by the county
- Maintaining a monthly ledger and financial statement
- Collecting property taxes
- Serving as secretary to the County Board of Finance
The Jackson County treasurer's office is open from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The office is closed on holidays designated by the Jackson County Board of Commissioners.
At this time only Cash and Checks are excepted in the Office.