Roger D. Hurt
1st Deputy Treasurer
111 S. Main St.
Ph: (812) 358-6125
Fx: (812) 358-6171
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The county treasurer is an elected official that serves a four-year term and may not exceed two consecutive terms. The treasurer’s office maintains checking accounts held by the county and also invests monies on available county funds. The office of the treasurer receives information needed for property tax calculation and tax statements that are then issued to each taxpayer.
The treasurer's duties also include:
- Collecting and reporting to the state all inheritance taxes
- Clearing Liquor licenses
- Clearing the moving mobile homes / transferring titles for mobile homes
- Collecting and distributing the innkeepers' tax
- Processing bankruptcy claims
- Reconciling bank checking accounts held by the county
- Maintaining a monthly ledger and financial statement
- Collecting property taxes
- Serving as secretary to the County Board of Finance
The Jackson County treasurer's office is open from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The office is closed on holidays designated by the Jackson County Board of Commissioners
SPECIAL NOTE :
At this time only Cash and Checks
are excepted in the Office.
Credit Card Payments are
on-line or toll free service only !!!!