- Legibility of Names: Typed or printed under each signature exactly as signed (IC 36-2-11-15c)
- Name of Person Preparing Instrument: Each document must state the name of person (not the company) that prepared the document (IC 36-2-11-15c)
- Notarized Documents: All documents require county residence of notary and commission expiration and seal (IC 36-2-11-16c3)
- Affirmation Statement: Required on all documents that were notarized in the State of Indiana; must also have printed name (IC 36-2-11-15d)Grantee’s Address Required: Complete street or rural route address of the grantee (no P.O. Box) on all conveyances of real property (IC 32-21-2-3b)
- I affirm, under the penalties for perjury, that I have taken reasonable care to redact each Social Security number in the document, unless required by law.”
All instruments must meet recording form and legibility statutes. All non-conforming documents will be assessed a $1 fee in accordance with the Indiana Code 36-2-11-16.5. No legal advice or opinions will be given by the recorder's staff. For more information, contact the recorder's office at (812) 358-6113.