header link header link
twitter facebook

Types of Assistance

Individual Assistance
The following are the types of assistance that are available through Individuals and Households Program (IHP) and what each provides: 
  • Temporary Housing (a place to live for a limited period of time): Money is available to rent a different place to live, or a government-provided housing unit when rental properties are not available.
  • Repair: Money is available to homeowners to repair damage from the disaster that is not covered by insurance. The goal is to make the damaged home safe, sanitary, and functional.
  • Replacement: Money is available to homeowners to replace their home that was destroyed in the disaster (if itis not covered by insurance). The goal is to help the homeowner with the cost of replacing their destroyed home.
  • Permanent / Semipermanent Housing Construction: Direct assistance or money is available for the construction of a home. This type of help occurs only in insular areas or remote locations specified by FEMA, where no other type of housing assistance is possible.
  • Other Needs: Money is available for necessary expenses and serious needs caused by the disaster. This includes medical, dental, funeral, personal property, transportation, moving and storage, and other expenses that are authorized by law.

More Information
For more information, contact Emergency Management at (812) 358-6110.